Terms & Warranty
Custom Metal Fabrication Order Terms
Orders are accepted with a 50% deposit of our final quote. Upon receipt of your deposit, a work order is immediately scheduled into our engineering department for approval drawings. See The Process for more timeline details.
- Deposits and final payments are accepted by calling 1-800-836-8015
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover & Paypal.
- We also accept personal and company checks via mail or in person.
- All products are custom handcrafted to customer approved drawings and specifications and therefore are not returnable.
- Any dimensional or design alteration requests made after fabrication has begun may incur additional charges and possible delays to your scheduled delivery.
- Cancelled orders are subject to design and engineering fees, along with work-in-process charges.
- For commercial credit accounts, please call or email our office for application information.
Manufacturing Warranty & Quality Assurance
As experienced professionals and craftsmen, our reputation is built into every product we manufacture. To stand behind our quality assurance, SpecialtyStainless.com is a leader in the custom residential stainless steel and copper countertop and stainless steel and copper sink industry when it comes to warranty.
Twelve Year Limited Warranty
SpecialtyStainless.com, a division of Eskay Metal Fabricating, (referred hereafter as Eskay), warrants that all of our custom fabricated countertops and sinks will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of Twelve years from the original date of sale under normal residential use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser for products installed in residential applications in their original location. If a product is determined by Eskay to be defective under the terms of this warranty, Eskay will, at our discretion, repair or replace the product without charge.
Countertops provided with wood substrates by Eskay must be installed within 10 days from receipt in order to be covered by our warranty. Prolonged extreme temperatures, excessive moisture, and vertical storage may adversely affect the internal drying of the lamination adhesive.
Products manufactured by others, often referred to as “buyouts”, that are incorporated into our custom metal countertops are not warranted by Eskay. Please refer to the original manufacturer’s warranty for these products.
Other Warranty Conditions:
Our warranty does not apply to damage caused by the following:
- Freight carriers or couriers
- Handling or improper installation
- Acts of God, such as fire, flood, wind, and lighting
- Modifications to the original product
- Physical abuse or misuse
Our warranty does not cover:
- Labor costs for removal or installation
- Wood backers or other non-metal substraights
- Shipping, packaging and/or crating costs
- Secondary installations from the original site
- Commercial installations or non-residential use.
- Products manufactured by others (buyouts).
Some states may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Claims for damaged or missing items must be made within 5 days of receipt of order. Please notify Eskay immediately by phone, fax, or email with a detailed description of the claim. Supporting photo documentation may be required to properly assess your claim.
Before signing a delivery receipt, please verify the following:
- Check the shipment against the delivery receipt to verify receipt of all packages and/or skids listed.
- Carefully inspect each package or skid for freight damage. Do not sign for a shipment until you have thoroughly inspected all packages. Shipper is not responsible for shipments that are not signed for as damaged upon arrival.
- Before accepting and signing for the delivery, open all packages and skids and inspect for concealed damage. Carefully inspect all surfaces (countertops, sinks, cabinets, backsplashes, etc.) covered with PVC coatings for scratches or surface damage. If the PVC coating is compromised in any way, please make a note of it. Remove all PVC coatings and inspect all surfaces. If you find damage, do not destroy the shipping materials. Retain damaged items, packaging, and wrapping materials until notified by Eskay to do otherwise. Please notify our office immediately for further instructions.
- Please document any shortages or damage, however slight, on the delivery receipt before signing.
- Additionally, please document any freight damage and damaged packaging materials with a digital camera and email them to us at [email protected]
If a product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship within the warranty period, promptly notify Eskay in writing. Include a description of the defect, the date of purchase, and digital photos of the defect. Please send all related correspondence to:
(Include all required attachments)